During these uncertain times, it’s important to make sure you have the right cleaning partner for your office or workplace. As a starting point, ensuring the cleaning company you engage with to clean your office is adhering to the advice specific to the ‘Cleaning for Workplaces’ that the Government of Western Australia Department of Health released on 17 March 2020.
Some of the key advice of this communication for the cleaning of general workplaces includes:
- The use of appropriate detergent/disinfectant solutions
- Particular attention is paid to horizontal surfaces and high-traffic touch-points
- The frequency of your cleaning is increased; especially in high traffic areas and areas accessed by the public
- Disposable cleaning cloths are disposed of and changed regularly
- Vacuum cleaners with a HEPA fitted filter are used
- Appropriate PPE is provided and used by the cleaning team
We have found that our workload has increased over this period which is in line with meeting the needs of our customers. Our methods, however, haven’t changed. All of the recommendations by the Department of Health are already aligned with our current service levels and our customers enjoy the peace of mind knowing it is already part of our cleaning service in their office.
One thing we are surprised to hear is how many cleaning companies haven’t adapted, improved or committed to their customers to do better. With health, hygiene and well-being at the top of everyone’s agenda, it is important that your office is cleaned to the high standard required.
If you feel a review of your current arrangement would be beneficial, get in contact with us and we can discuss this further with you.