How often do you have contact with your cleaners? We are surprised regularly to hear that many businesses have not heard from their cleaners for months at a time. To us, this is unacceptable; your cleaning company:
- usually has access to your business after hours and on weekends
- are provided keys and alarm codes to your premises
- are responsible for team members you may not have met or had contact with
- need to secure your premises once the clean is complete
With all of these factors in mind, and the security headache that could occur if something goes wrong, it is important to trust the people and business that have access to your company outside of the hours you are there.
If you can’t answer any of the following questions with a resounding ‘yes’, then you need to look for a new cleaning provider:
- Is your cleaning company easily contactable when you need them?
- Do they visit regularly and make themselves known to you on a frequent basis?
- Are they on the front foot when something goes awry?
- Do they have security processes for their team members and your premises that they can explain easily to you?
When choosing a new cleaning company, it’s important to understand how they propose to service the needs of your business. This is not just the cleaning tasks and duties they will perform, but how are they at customer service?
- Provide multiple methods of contact
- Supply you with telephone and email details of key personnel
- Offer a communication booklet to provide notes directly to your cleaner
- A list of after-hours contacts
- A clear explanation of their expectations when servicing your business
Along with all of the above, do they present and act in a professional manner? From the person that does your initial quote through to the supervisors and team members completing the cleaning duties. This can be a tell-tale sign of what you can expect from their ongoing service.
If the service of your current cleaning company is lacking, send PetraClean an enquiry today and we can discuss with you high quality cleaning for your workplace with customer service to match.